magnum roger beep failed

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
p38
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: P38
Antenna: wilson5k,sirio!
Radio: magnums9 /madison

magnum roger beep failed

Post by p38 »

Just put everything in my Jeep wj maganamount k40 hard wired too the battery with a fuse at the battery . Took it out of it Today because the meter light was way too bright at night changed it out and now I cannot hear the roger beep when I unkey just aggravating. Anyone have some insight on this? Its transmitting full power no issues there thanks!
Jack of all trades ,master of none

ASE certified technician

my radios -cobra 25ltd /cobra 29ltdX2 /trc-501 / 1977 president madison am-usb-lsb/ magnum deltaforce 10meter /stryker 955hp magnums9 . imax 2000/ 102whip /k40 mag mount aracher crossbow 3 element on the flat side.
mty pocketz
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: CocoTheGorilla
Antenna: 102" whip
Radio: cobra 25 ltd classic

Re: magnum roger beep failed

Post by mty pocketz »

In my opinion, as well as many others, that's a good thing!!! Roger beeps are annoying!!! Especially when you have some idiot that decides to key his mic every few minutes, without saying anything, while traveling in the same direction for miles and miles.
"America will never be defeated from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves" -Abraham Lincoln
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor
Handle: Silver Eagle
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Radio: President Lincoln 2

Post by silvereagle1 »

I don't use my roger beep unless it is to annoy someone :) But they have to be a problematic operator for me to do that. Other than that I see where p38 is coming from. If its a feature of the radio it needs to be functional rather used or not. It could be messed up which is not a good thing. You never know duke, that dream radio you may want sometime down the road may include roger beep. Just saying......
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee
str8stroke
Donor
Donor
Antenna: 1/16 Wave Dipole
Radio: Gold Cobra 29LTD

Post by str8stroke »

LOL< I dream of smashing the roger beep out of all radios!!!! :bom:
Ric Flair is on the Air, with Pink Underwear!!! WHAOOO!!!
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

str8stroke wrote:LOL< I dream of smashing the roger beep out of all radios!!!! :bom:
Galaxy should think about leaving off the roger beep until they figure out a way to make em work 12 months out of the year. :drunken:
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee
mty pocketz
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Handle: CocoTheGorilla
Antenna: 102" whip
Radio: cobra 25 ltd classic

Post by mty pocketz »

I hate roger beeps, noise toys, and echo echo echo
"America will never be defeated from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves" -Abraham Lincoln
silvereagle1
Donor
Donor

Post by silvereagle1 »

I don't mind a single tone roger beep.or even the multi tone . I think there is a time and place for Them. on a weak station they are actually useful. It's the noise toys that people "abuse" that drives me nuts. especially on dx. George Jetson theme being one of them. But back on topic, p38's roger beep is messed up and is trying to figure out how to fix it. not using it doesn't fix the problem. My roger beep is also messed up and I don't use it but its still a feature on my radio so I'd like for the stupid thing to work. I understand the aggravation. Hope someone can help him with his problem.
President Lincoln 2
567 East Tennessee
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

p38 wrote:Just put everything in my Jeep wj maganamount k40 hard wired too the battery with a fuse at the battery . Took it out of it Today because the meter light was way too bright at night changed it out and now I cannot hear the roger beep when I unkey just aggravating. Anyone have some insight on this? Its transmitting full power no issues there thanks!
Check and see if any of the plug is loose from the panel to the board, may have happened while changing the light.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
p38
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Handle: P38
Antenna: wilson5k,sirio!
Radio: magnums9 /madison

Post by p38 »

Thanks MDyoungblood and eagle1 very appreciated! I do not use it much but it has its purpose I do like them but I dispise the idiots that abuse them and use noise toys and roger **Censored** boards all uneeded crap . Time and place for that junk and its not on 38lsb while people are trying too carry a conversation .
Jack of all trades ,master of none

ASE certified technician

my radios -cobra 25ltd /cobra 29ltdX2 /trc-501 / 1977 president madison am-usb-lsb/ magnum deltaforce 10meter /stryker 955hp magnums9 . imax 2000/ 102whip /k40 mag mount aracher crossbow 3 element on the flat side.