road king cb

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
d-minus
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: cobra 29ltd

road king cb

Post by d-minus »

Hey all, have not been on here for a while. Bought a dump truck and have been working it and working on it. Any way just bought a road king cb from a guy that had several for sale for 70 dollars so I bought it. It does not have the usb port on the front so I guess it is a older version maybe. Hooked it up to my meter and it had a 4.5 -4 dead key and only 10 watts of swing. it has surface mounted parts. Is there a trace maybe somewhere I can cut for more modulation. I found a mod for a uniden 680 that showed you where to cut a trace for more modulation and that worked great. Can not find no information on this radio and would like to put it in my dump truck. Thanks for any help. Daniel.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: road king cb

Post by MDYoungblood »

There should be a tag on the back with the model number of the radio, need that to say what needs to be done or else we are just guessing.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
d-minus
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by d-minus »

o.k. all the tag says is model number RKCB CLASSIC made in Vietnam. Also has fcc number and a ic number if any of that would help. Let met know. Thanks Daniel.
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Be better off just getting a power Mic or Amp to put with it...Start cutting traces and clipping this and that, will do more harm than good to your modulation...
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

First I would say $70 is a little on the high side to me anyway, not a lot of info but open the case, speaker side and in the middle there are 5 pots and 2 more to the left, one of them should be marked "AMC", that is to adjust the modulation. As for anything else I'd leave it alone, they are a single final radio and won't take much abuse. I've been told it is more like the Uniden PC76XL but I'm not that sure.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
d-minus
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by d-minus »

o.k. thanks will check it out. odd that there is not much info out there on this radio. Thanks Daniel.