Accidental Yaesu auction find

This forum is dedicated to discussions about tube radios and tube amplifiers.
driver379
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.
Antenna: Predator 10k
Radio: Connex 3300hp

Accidental Yaesu auction find

Post by driver379 »

So I have been reading the tube section for a while now curious about it but not willing to spend any money to get into it. My wife went to an auction here close to home and bid on a huge box lot of kids toys(grandbabies). I mean two pickup loads kinda box lot any way we get all this stuff home and buried in all these toys,clothes etc. etc. is a complete station ft 101e. I`ve got everything digital display,monitor scope,land liner phone patch(whatever that is), 844 desk mic.,external speaker and icing on the cake fl-2100 b linear. All this stuff looks to be in reasonable condition. I havent plugged anything in because I just dont want to smoke anything. I'm looking for someone local to take all this to and have them go through it for me so I dont end up with my golden screwdriver throwing sparks.LOL. Anyone know of anybody in the Tulsa,Muskogee,maybe OKC area that works on the tube stuff. I have to buy a camera wish I could get pics up! So stoked!
TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Handle: Rick
Antenna: Wilson 2000
Radio: HR 2510

Re: Accidental Yaesu auction find

Post by TheCBDoctor »

driver379 wrote:So I have been reading the tube section for a while now curious about it but not willing to spend any money to get into it. My wife went to an auction here close to home and bid on a huge box lot of kids toys(grandbabies). I mean two pickup loads kinda box lot any way we get all this stuff home and buried in all these toys,clothes etc. etc. is a complete station ft 101e. I`ve got everything digital display,monitor scope,land liner phone patch(whatever that is), 844 desk mic.,external speaker and icing on the cake fl-2100 b linear. All this stuff looks to be in reasonable condition. I havent plugged anything in because I just dont want to smoke anything. I'm looking for someone local to take all this to and have them go through it for me so I dont end up with my golden screwdriver throwing sparks.LOL. Anyone know of anybody in the Tulsa,Muskogee,maybe OKC area that works on the tube stuff. I have to buy a camera wish I could get pics up! So stoked!
hi driver379,

Take it to your local Ham club. They will be happy to set it up to see if it works. Most Ham clubs are very good about things like that. Do not let anyone except an experienced Ham operator you trust or Yaesu to do any work on your FT-101E. What a great find. I think your wife deserves dinner/flowers. :icon_e_wink:

Respectfully,
Respectfully as always,

Rick
dirtyjob
Donor
Donor
Handle: dirtyjob
Antenna: Super Penetrator 500
Radio: Many

Post by dirtyjob »

great find indeed that complete setup is worth a pretty penny :cheers:
Browning Golden Eagle Mark IVA - Mark III & Mark II
"LISTEN FOR THE PING"
Kenwood TS-590S - Yaesu FT897D - Kenwood TS-870 - Icom IC-7300
Yaesu FT-101E - Tram D201A - President Lincoln - CP2000
Gizmotchy G-31 Beam
Super Penetrator 500 5/8 Wave
Comet GP9 2 meter/440
"North East Corner Of Massachusetts 613"
CBRT 18204
driver379
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.
Antenna: Predator 10k
Radio: Connex 3300hp

Post by driver379 »

Yeah guys she bought that lot for 50 bucks at a storage auction. I was PO'd when she called to get me to come up and help her get it home but that was over when I dug the amp out first.LOL I was happy then but I just kept finding more stuff. Feels like winning the lotto I guess it was just my turn.
bluemeanie
Donor
Donor
Handle: Blue
Antenna: Max 2000 MACO M105
Radio: LOTS OF TUBES

Post by bluemeanie »

Man I am so jealous. The land liner is a phone patch so you can connect phone calls so people can to too hams on the other end. If it was raining soup would be standing out in it with a fork :cry:
ch17Critter

Post by ch17Critter »

TheCBDoctor wrote: I think your wife deserves dinner/flowers. :icon_e_wink:

Respectfully,
Twice!

Critter
str8stroke
Donor
Donor
Antenna: 1/16 Wave Dipole
Radio: Gold Cobra 29LTD

Post by str8stroke »

That story made me smile. Sounds like some sort of a dream. lol
Ric Flair is on the Air, with Pink Underwear!!! WHAOOO!!!
Flapjack

Post by Flapjack »

Congrats on winning the Lottery! 10-4 on taking it to the local ham club. Most of the frequencies are illegal for you to transmit on unless you are a licensed Ham Operator, and it is illegal to use on cb band. If it doesn't work contact me and I'll buy the parts. I am a licensed Ham Operator.