TheCBDoctor

Place any good comments or company referrals here to sponsors or with individuals on the forum selling used equipment.
crazydiamond
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

TheCBDoctor

Post by crazydiamond »

Let me start by saying that dealing with Rick has been one of the most pleasant experiences i've ever had having a radio repaired. I've known about TheCBDoctor long before i joined CBRT from his youtube video and i knew when the time came to have my Cobra 1000 GTL fixed the he'd be the one i'd send it to. Rick is up front ,honest and fair and believe me he knows his Cobra 1000's and 2000's and other 8719 chassis. I'm sure my radio is tuned better than factory. I highly recommend you look Rick up if you're having problems with the types of radios he repairs. Finally i'd to say thank you very much Rick for the time and effort you put into fixing my 1000 GTL and after i recover from my vacation expenses :icon_rolleyes: i'll be sending you my 2000 GTL. Thanks Again, Steve D. AKA CrazyDiamond!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TheCBDoctor »

Thanks Steve I appreciate the positive feed-back. I enjoyed working on your radio. You don't find very many Cobra 1000 GTL radios in fine working condition left. Your's kicks butt.

Best wishes,

Rick
Respectfully as always,

Rick
dougw181
Donor
Donor

Post by dougw181 »

I joined CBRT in November of 2012 and posted that I was getting my dads old 2000GTL up and running. I was having difficulties with the meters and Rick
replied with a fix or suggested that I send them to him for repair or replacement. I sent the meters to him, and he let me know that the movements were
worn out an that they needed to be replaced. He promptly sent me replacements along with some bulbs to replace the burned out ones that I had. Everything
showed up within a week of being shipped and in perfect condition. He is a stand up guy. I really enjoyed my transaction with him. I will definitely contact
him if I have any more issues with radio. He delivered as promised, and is very passionate about keeping these old radios alive. I encourage anyone with a
2000 with issues to contact him. He is very knowledgeable and very willing to share his knowledge with any one having problems. You don't find people like
this very often now days. Thank you Rick for all your help. Doug
721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW »

I agree with what's been posted here. Rick, the CBDoctor, is a valuable source of info for this Forum and this radio hobby we love. He has gone above and beyond helping members.
Thank you!
tractor guy
Donor
Donor

Post by tractor guy »

I cannot begin to explain how great Rick is. It's too bad he won't be working on radios anymore. I sent him my President Washington over a year ago. I didn't think it had anything serious wrong with it. i just wanted a good tune up and a minor fix on USB. Rick kept me informed through the whole process of what he was doing, what he found, and what he fixed. Unfortunately my old 858 chassis had a small issue with USB rx that was tough to track down. Rick is not as familiar with the 858 as he is with the 8719. He told me that up front. I still sent the radio to him, because I trusted him. Long story short I have my radio back, and I am completely satisfied with what Rick did for me. If he were still working on radios, I'd send them all to him.

Joe
Tractor Guy said it
and I'm back in the barn
1953 Tractor Guy
Central Indiana
721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW »

Yes, I totally agree!
He is a great person and a huge asset to this forum!
Circuit Breaker
Donor
Donor

Post by Circuit Breaker »

I don't know if it's the same person or not, but I sent him an email through his website about two months ago and never got a response. [Please login or register to view this link]
Yaesu FT-950
Yaesu FT-8100
Icom IC-2820 (with D-Star capability)
Kenwood TR-751 2M all mode mobile
Kenwood TM-3530 220 MHz mobile
Uniden Washington Base
Uniden HR-2510
Icom ID-92 HT
SteppIR 40-6M Yagi
OCF 75/80M dipole
Diamond V2000A 6M/2M/70cm ground plane antenna
Antron 99
tractor guy
Donor
Donor

Post by tractor guy »

Yes, that is the same guy, but as I said he is no longer actively working on radio's. Unless the nature of your e-mail was personal I would post it here for him to see.

Joe
1953 Tractor Guy
Central Indiana
wild willy
Donor
Donor

Post by wild willy »

Rick is a great guy! I've talked to him on the phone and through email. Honesty means so much to me, and he proved himself in that regard. I trust his word and judgement. I can't say much more than that!
TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by TheCBDoctor »

Circuit Breaker wrote:I don't know if it's the same person or not, but I sent him an email through his website about two months ago and never got a response. [Please login or register to view this link]
Good morning Circuit Breaker,

About 2 years ago my website was hacked and ever since then the email address listed on my website is completely useless. I must get over 200 spam emails a day. If you have any problems or concerns please contact me using this website's PM email system. I will be more than happy to help or resolve any issues you may have.

thecbdoctor@gmail.com is useless to me now, but I still have to keep it; I have important archive info on it. I just got tired of having to remove the spam on it on a daily basis.

Please contact me here. I found the PM system on this website to be very reliable and secure.

Respectfully as always
Respectfully as always,

Rick