Floating Donate button Image

Antenna

This forum provides help with antenna installation, as well as guidance on selecting the right antenna for your radio or mobile setup.
gsh82962
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK

Antenna

Post by gsh82962 »

Looking to find out if anyone on here has put a Mako 5/8 ground plane above an aluminum flat side beam wonder if there's any interference thank you so much
443 Arizona
Mod Duck
Mod Duck

Re: Antenna

Post by 443 Arizona »

interesting question and I have seen that exacct array before, I assume there is an effect but negligable??? hmmm well i would not put them close together,, in fact, a 1/4 wavelength would possibly be a gain,
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I think the ground plane of the Maco would interfere with the beam as messing with its directional ability and probably tuning. A antenna with no ground plane would be better.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Post by De_Wildfire »

I would not put them together. When I put up my Hex Beam, it was a few feet from a wire dipole and it caused the Beam to have a higher SWR when I turned the beam into the direction of the wire. The radiation pattern can be changed on the beam. When I had my attic antennas too closer together on VHF, I noticed the pattern on one of the antennas changed. Try to relocate the vertical.
Owner
Owner

Post by »

When it comes to antenna installations, having metallic objects like aluminum flat side beams can interfere with the antenna's performance. Metals can reflect, refract, or absorb radio waves, resulting in weaker signals or changes in radiation patterns.

If you're considering placing a Mako 5/8 ground plane antenna above an aluminum flat side beam, it may introduce interference. The aluminum beam can reflect signals or block them partially, leading to reduced performance or altered radiation patterns.

Ideally, mount the antenna in a location with a clear line of sight and minimal metallic obstructions. However, the impact of interference can vary based on installation specifics, the proximity of the antenna to the aluminum beam, and the frequencies involved.

For accurate guidance, consult experienced antenna installers or amateur radio enthusiasts familiar with such setups. They can offer personalized advice and suggest alternative mounting options to minimize interference.

Remember to refer to manufacturer guidelines or seek expert advice for optimal antenna placement and performance.

Donate here