DOMINATOR MODULATOR

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
78FX
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

DOMINATOR MODULATOR

Post by 78FX »

Cruzin the net today I came across this item called "DOMINATOR MODULATOR" supposedly makes your radio loud and has massive swing. Curious if anyone has any feedback on this, sounds like snake oil.
I have no interest in buying one.
Deleted User 14541

Post by Deleted User 14541 »

These kits you see for sale online are the same old mods that have been posted on forums for years. The people selling them buy the parts for cheap, hide them in some kind of enclosure and sell them for 10x what they're worth. I once found one of these swing kits in a cobra 29 and it looked like a big red firecracker. After cutting away the red coating I found a small piece of pvc pipe filled with plaster of paris. After breaking out all the plaster there was the old cap and resistor hiding in there. :lol:
78FX
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by 78FX »

543FtWorth wrote:These kits you see for sale online are the same old mods that have been posted on forums for years. The people selling them buy the parts for cheap, hide them in some kind of enclosure and sell them for 10x what they're worth. I once found one of these swing kits in a cobra 29 and it looked like a big red firecracker. After cutting away the red coating I found a small piece of pvc pipe filled with plaster of paris. After breaking out all the plaster there was the old cap and resistor hiding in there. :lol:
Ive read about that kind of "kit" the one I saw was for the galaxy 2547 and it tells you to remove a resistor and replace it with whats pictured below.

Ok guess I cant post images, im not authorized?
Deleted User 14541

Post by Deleted User 14541 »

78FX wrote:
543FtWorth wrote:These kits you see for sale online are the same old mods that have been posted on forums for years. The people selling them buy the parts for cheap, hide them in some kind of enclosure and sell them for 10x what they're worth. I once found one of these swing kits in a cobra 29 and it looked like a big red firecracker. After cutting away the red coating I found a small piece of pvc pipe filled with plaster of paris. After breaking out all the plaster there was the old cap and resistor hiding in there. :lol:
Ive read about that kind of "kit" the one I saw was for the galaxy 2547 and it tells you to remove a resistor and replace it with whats pictured below.

Ok guess I cant post images, im not authorized?
For these radios there are a few different methods. You'll see this called an NPC mod on the forums. Odds are you are buying a 1n4001 diode and a 100 ohm resistor. Transformer modulated radios like the AM only cobras will use the cap and resistor thing.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hello 78FX,
Welcome to the forum. New members are on a probation period so pics and other things aren't open to you yet, be patient it will come in time and post count. Like 543 said there isn't much to them. The only advantage the ones sold on the internet is some come with instructions (doesn't guarantee there right) for your radio. You could save a couple bucks just by searching the forum, [Please login or register to view this link] , I would bet your radio has been done and is posted in a topic.
As a new member could you post a intro in the "Welcome to the Forum" topic, [Please login or register to view this link] , so other members can say "hello", thanks.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
78FX
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER

Post by 78FX »

As a new member could you post a intro in the "Welcome to the Forum" so other members can say "hello", Greg
Done as requested. :colors: