Have you ever made trouble with your radio ??

This forum is for general discussions, and you are welcome to post in this forum if you are not able to find the right place.
n9viw
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by n9viw »

Windwalker, your first post reminded me of something that happened to me back in '97 when I was commuting between Chitcago ("The 'T' is Silent!") and the suburbs, going to school in the city. I drove a 1982 Jeep, basically a tiny barn on wheels. It had an AM/FM/CB in the dash, and used a duplexer to the factory radio antenna, so thieves couldn't tell I had a CB by a tell-tale fancy whip.

I was coming home from classes one afternoon, struggling against a headwind. I decided to take advantage of the draft behind one of the many semis going north on 94, and tucked myself right up behind him with a hair's breadth of gap between us. I was able to back way off on the pedal as his draft basically sucked me along for the ride.

I was listening to 19, as usual, and heard a comment from one of the other drivers that the fellow behind whom I was drafting had a 'funny looking little extra trailer.' The driver commented that he had seen me come up and disappear, and figured what I must have been doing. Therefore, I was covering my brake when he decided to brake-check me; if I hadn't had my ears on, I would have ate his dock bumper for lunch.

As it was, when he braked, so did I, and was barely put out of place. I picked up my mic and said, "All you had to do is ask; I don't see how I'm hurting you being back here." Surprised the hell out of them, because as I said, there was no outward evidence of my having a radio. We were getting close to my exit, so I told them to drive another 10 miles so they could afford a cup of coffee, and off the highway I went.
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

n9viw its too bad you didnt have an amp to blow his radio. In my younger days I would have done that.
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Post by De_Wildfire »

When we were kids in the 80's , we used to hang out at night at the Photo Mat in the middle of the parking lot and we all had kickers. We took turns lighting up the fluorescent tubes that were passed back and forth. Then we all took turns driving by the sports store and setting off the alarm, and return back to the Fotomat. We used to watch all smokies surround the place with their lights on. They never suspected it was all of us taking turns all the time. Guess they thought it was faulty alarm. :lol:
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

Wildfire Alarms and lights are big fun.
Hands down
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Post by De_Wildfire »

Yes they are!

Post Merge Complete

Added 19 days 4 hours 30 minutes 44 seconds after previous.
Another time when I was a kid, I didn't know what what I was doing but stumbled onto this. I basically stuck a mini screw driver Into the back of a TRAM D201A and detuned the radio so it would transmit on channel 30 and channel 32 skipping channel 31. I had a mobile cb on a power supply to hear what I was doing. When I talked to people on channel 30, the arrogant bunch would hear me real good when I had the PDL2 beam pointed their way. They always came down and tried to shut my channel down. What we did when we were kids without the internet!
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Post by De_Wildfire »

:lol: Here's real good one. Way back in the day when I was a kid and didn't know any better, I rode down into the college town and came across people's car radios that was blasting and saying crazy stuff. I would tune my car radio to find the station they were listening to, first. Then I would take the frequency they were listening too and kept dividing by two (the harmonic game) until it got down into the lower 11 meter band where I would dial in the harmonic frequency in the FM mode on my President HR 2510 and my Texas Star. The cars were close enough that I would drown out their radios. Only two harmonic hops!! This would work from 104.5-107.5 FM since the President HR2510 couldn't go any lower at that time. They had to be listening between these two frequencies. Try it on the calculator and this was all for educational purposes only. :-D :-D :-D :-D