What is a watergate?

You can put a videogate, watergate on Putfile or YouTube, and put the URL links in your post. Anyone can get a free account on Putfile to store their gates, and it even gives you the BB code to post in your message for the link.
Jester

What is a watergate?

Post by Jester »

Besides being an infamous hotel from the 1970's where G. Gordon Liddy got sloppy at the direction of Nixon, what the hell is a watergate? I have no idea. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
linx

Post by linx »

It's just a recording or someone else on the airwaves.

For example, if I recorded you and me talking skip, it would be a Watergate.

I assume the name came from the same gov't conspiracy as the Watergate hotel.
Goldhawk
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Galaxy

Post by Goldhawk »

It's a recording of someone on the air.
North Texas Mudduck
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by North Texas Mudduck »

click the link below in my post and hear what its supposed to sound like
and the way its to be done
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone
RF089
Donor
Donor

Post by RF089 »

555..i always enjoy listening to your gates. What kinda radio are you talking on? :D
jessejamesdallas
Donor
Donor
Handle: Jesse James Dallas
Radio: working

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Yep...All of the above. "Watergate" comes from Nixon's involvement of the "Taping" of the Democrat Party at the "Watergate Hotel". "Deep Throat" spilled the beans of the incidence. But now day's, "Deep Throat" would probably have more to do about "Clinton's" Day's in office, and nothing to do with CB! :D
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
North Texas Mudduck
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by North Texas Mudduck »

RF089 wrote:555..i always enjoy listening to your gates. What kinda radio are you talking on? :D
cobra 29 ltd classic
connex board
roadking 56k
few things in between
coax
few more things in between
coax
then some few more things in between
then
predator 10ks
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone
Jester

Post by Jester »

So basically, it is a recording of someone with way to much modulation saying stuff like "sho nuff", "no doubt about it", "cotton pickin", "gettin up" or "gettin on down", "readin the mail", or "bye bye bye bye bye"...is that pretty much it?
Jester

Post by Jester »

There is this old geezball near the highway out here (I-55) that is an old sourpuss that gives directions to truckers on and off all day...He is really unpleasant and I like to bust his chops when he's on...If I have someone record this, does this qualify as a gate and can I upload it? I'm doing the radio population a public service by castigating this old, miserable individual, so I think it would be OK...
ringer
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by ringer »

Yes, that would be a GOOD watergate. I come to the CHI pretty often and can lock it down. If you ever want to laugh your **Censored** off, PM your cell and I'll hit you up. I'm real good at plugging ears and cutting lips, lol. I promise you there will be no "Good buddy, sure 'nuff, cotton picker, etc." lol
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ringer,

I am going to take you up on this one...About a week ago, someone locked down 19 for about 45 minutes and there was total chaos! The geezball barely came over the guy and I could hear him say "yeah, someones tracking him down now"...Yeah right. He didn't do ANYTHING.

He is in Bolingbrook, IL, 25 miles W of Chicago on I-55. Lock it down already!!!