RCI 69 Base station How good is it??

A place to ask questions about base setup for CB radios or HAM radios. Talk about your experiences, seek advice, and share knowledge.
Rabbit Ears
Donor
Donor

RCI 69 Base station How good is it??

Post by Rabbit Ears »

RCI 69 Base station just how good is the radio???

I have zero experience with this big boy. My wife bought me a RCI 69VHP for me for my Birthday this year.

My last one was a very worn out RCI 2980 I loved (gone to heaven) :cry: . I quess she was getting pretty tired of hearing me grumbling over trying to save the old thing. :-x

Respectfulluy

Rabbit Ears
USA FOREVER
RCI 2995DX CF (PRIMARY BASE)
President HR2600 with Palomar TX-150 amp(backup base) *solar powered*
Turner Super Side Kick
RM Italy KL300P (A/B modded) in truck :twisted:
BIRD 43P
HY-GAIN SPT-500 antenna
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hmm, I haven't seen one but with it being a RCI, it probably has the same board as the 2980. If that is the case, dual final mod and a power supply upgrade would make it rather nice. It already has a dual clarifier so tracking the TX/RX should be together, reason is those boards (RCI/Galaxy) still have a frequency drift problem, a crystal heater helps some (another mod needed). It has a big case so changing out the power supply shouldn't be a problem.

I'd add up all that you think it would need and compare the cost to a nice used ham radio, seems to be the way everyone is going now a days, hear more IC-7300 radios on then anything else.

3's

Greg

PS, installed that PEP adapter in a old 43, aligning it was a pain but got it on the money, had to buy the plug for the switches off eBay. My friend liked it so much he bought it off me.
Thanks.
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Rabbit Ears
Donor
Donor

Post by Rabbit Ears »

You are welcome. Wonder why I bought the factory BIRD part??
USA FOREVER
RCI 2995DX CF (PRIMARY BASE)
President HR2600 with Palomar TX-150 amp(backup base) *solar powered*
Turner Super Side Kick
RM Italy KL300P (A/B modded) in truck :twisted:
BIRD 43P
HY-GAIN SPT-500 antenna