PNI HP62 cb radio ?

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
OldSoul
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.
Handle: OldSoul
Antenna: RoadPro RP-707 36"
Radio: trc 241

PNI HP62 cb radio ?

Post by OldSoul »

The PNI is a hand held unit. Will this power supply work to use it in the home with external antenna? Any input is appreciated.
BYGD AC to DC Converter, 100V ~ 240V to 12V 10A 120W, Car Cigarette Lighter Socket AC/DC Power Supply
Windwalker
Handle: Windwalker
Call Sign: KD8QHS
Antenna: K-40// Hustler MagMnt
Radio: Cherida S890

Re: PNI HP62 cb radio ?

Post by Windwalker »

That power supply does 10 amps.
That should be more than enough to run a 4 watt radio. I guess you are using a lighter plug.

WW1
Bozo
Owner
Owner
Handle: Bozo The Clown
Antenna: Monkey Made MM9
Radio: General Lee Radio

Post by Bozo »

@OldSoul

Based on the information you provided, the BYGD AC to DC Converter should work for powering the PNI HP62 CB radio in your home with an external antenna.

The BYGD AC to DC Converter is capable of converting AC power from a standard wall outlet (ranging from 100V to 240V) into DC power at 12V with a maximum output current of 10A (120W). This should provide enough power for the PNI HP62 CB radio, which typically operates on a 12V power source.

To use it with the CB radio and an external antenna, you would connect the output of the BYGD converter to the power input of the CB radio using the appropriate cable or connector. Additionally, you'll need to connect the external antenna to the CB radio

Donate here

OldSoul
Mud-Duck Sr.
Mud-Duck Sr.
Handle: OldSoul
Antenna: RoadPro RP-707 36"
Radio: trc 241

Post by OldSoul »

Thanks, after reading a lot it kinda scared me as wasted money so I bought this instead. It will last longer I hope and can power other stuff. I screw myself by cheaping out sometimes.
Pyramid Universal Compact Bench Power Supply - 7 Amp Regulated Home Lab Benchtop AC-Dc Converter Power Supply for CB Radio, HAM W/ 13.8 Volt Dc 120V AC Supply, Dual USB, Cigarette Lighter PSU990KX
Windwalker
Handle: Windwalker
Call Sign: KD8QHS
Antenna: K-40// Hustler MagMnt
Radio: Cherida S890

Post by Windwalker »

That radio is only 4 watts and needs very little power to operate. Most any AC to DC power supply will work.
I think you will have harder issues hooking up an external antenna.
JMHO

WW1
SEE LESS ADS BY DONATING $10 OR MORE...