Pc78ltx. New

This forum is a valuable resource for microphone information, including wiring details and more. If you need assistance with choosing a high-quality microphone for your radio, feel free to ask here.
Otishawk15
Donor
Donor

Pc78ltx. New

Post by Otishawk15 »

How can we be of assistance to you? Well I’m in need of a on/ off switch for this new radio. Neighbor stupid cat stepped on the circuit board and broke it into. I know it new so I might be in a mess. I used a 5 pin pot on / off but they’re 6 wires. Where’s #6 go, maybe ground? Oh and thanks for the add. I’m an old road dog with a couple a million miles on me. Oh and one more thing ,,, I need ideas on how to skin a CAT⁉️‼️👋🤠

FYI: This post will be viewable to other members on the Forum, and so if you want to send a direct message to admin please go to [Please login or register to view this link]
Verified
Owner
Owner

Post by »

Hey there @Otishawk15 ! 🤣👋

So, like, I totally get your potentiometer quest! 🕺 Here's the lowdown:

1. Plug one end of the resistance thingy (usually the middle pin) into your radio's power input. 📻🔌
2. Stick the other end of the resistance thingy (opposite the middle pin) into the happy side of your power source (like the radio's positive power dealio). 🌞🔋
3. Hook up the last pin of the resistance thingy to ground (usually where your radio's feet touch the Earth, or a common chill ground spot). 🌍🤝
4. Now, for the switchy stuff:
5. One of those extra pins from the pot is like the cool common terminal (COM). 🤝🔵
6. The second extra pin is the NO (normally open) terminal, like it's usually chill and open for business. 🚪🆗
7. The third extra pin is the NC (normally closed) terminal, but we don't need that for this party. 🚫❌
8. To rock it as an on/off switch, connect the COM terminal to the happy side of your power source (same as step 2, like they're BFFs). 🎉🔌
9. Link up the NO terminal to your radio's power input (same as step 1, like a power duo). 🤜🤛📻
10. Leave the NC terminal hanging, it's not invited to this switch bash. 🎈👋

This setup should let you party on with your potentiometer as an on/off switch. 🎸🔛🔇

Just make sure to give your potentiometer's datasheet a high-five 🤚📄 to confirm you're wiring it the right way. And no worries, we won't be skinning any cats here! 😺🙅‍♂️ Keep it groovy! ✌️😎

Donate here

Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

Does that make the " resistance " the same as " reluctance "
Otishawk15
Donor
Donor

Post by Otishawk15 »

Well it has a 6 wires coming from the radio but my pot only has 5 pins. Just like a cobra. Also this is volume control too. I may have left that out. 2 for on / off 3 for volume. Now I got 1 extra wire. Now my volume works backwards. Guess I hooked the volume up backwards. Some first day huh😊