2008 suburban bigger setup

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
saltydog
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Handle: Salty dog
Antenna: Ground plane
Radio: Cobra 29

2008 suburban bigger setup

Post by saltydog »

Have tried everything on this suburban . Am getting dash light and service engine light for fransmission control unit and communications bus now power , ,service 4x4 ,abs , and airbag light , and tire monitor light when unkey Mike after talking tried ferrite on some stuff no change . All grounds go to frame , is a 2008 suburban 2500 . Has a cobra 29 and 5 pill driving a 32 pill . Running 24 lto cell batteries and super cap under hood . Running 2 mechman 400 alternators has no voltage drop . Any help with larger amps in a 2007-2014 suburban would be great .
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: 2008 suburban bigger setup

Post by MDYoungblood »

Wow, 32 pill, would like to see pics once you meet the forum’s requirements. That is a lot of RF so the most important thing other than grounding all the electronic components is bonding all the vehicle body components, hood, doors, back hatch, etc.
You probably won’t stop the lights from blinking, led’s don’t have any kind of shielding, you might have to go to incandescent bulbs, you can try shielding the computer and fuse box with aluminum foil to see if it helps with the malfunctioning.

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Bozo
Owner
Owner
Handle: Bozo The Clown
Antenna: Monkey Made MM9
Radio: General Lee Radio

Post by Bozo »

saltydog wrote: November 4th, 2023, 2:49 pm Have tried everything on this suburban . Am getting dash light and service engine light for fransmission control unit and communications bus now power , ,service 4x4 ,abs , and airbag light , and tire monitor light when unkey Mike after talking tried ferrite on some stuff no change . All grounds go to frame , is a 2008 suburban 2500 . Has a cobra 29 and 5 pill driving a 32 pill . Running 24 lto cell batteries and super cap under hood . Running 2 mechman 400 alternators has no voltage drop . Any help with larger amps in a 2007-2014 suburban would be great .

@saltydog
32 pill is a large amplifier for mobile. I was getting a lot of RF to my engine also but I was only running a 2x8 Davemade. I wrapped a lot of my engine wires with ferrite chokes
https://amzn.to/3My4b4p

Donate here

saltydog
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Handle: Salty dog
Antenna: Ground plane
Radio: Cobra 29

Post by saltydog »

SEE LESS ADS BY DONATING $10 OR MORE...